NGEE-Arctic participants and collaborators must complete the required viewing of safety videos and reading of safety manuals to be approved for field and laboratory work at NGEE-Arctic facilities in Barrow, Alaska. The annual review of the manuals has been completed and resulted in only minor changes to the manuals:
- The ATV job aid was deleted from the Field Safety Manual and fueling and hazardous material trasport was added.
- Both manuals were updated with additional contact information.
Participants and collaborators are strongly encouraged to complete all training requirements prior to travel because computers and internet connectivity are limited in Barrow.
Training materials are only available on the NGEE-Arctic project website (https://ngee-arctic.ornl.gov/content/ngee-safety).
Access to training materials requires NGEE-Arctic website login. After login, the Safety tab will appear.
- ORNL participants may access Training Materials with their ORNL UCAMS login UID and PWD.
- Other participants and collaborators may access Training Materials with their website UID and PWD.
- If you are not a registered website user, please request an account (Login tab). You will receive e-mail notification with your account information.
- Note that it may take 24 to 48 hours for your account to be established.
Upon successful completion of the training requirements you will receive e-mail notification from NGEE-Arctic Management that you are approved for field and laboratory work at the NGEE-Arctic facilities in Barrow.